WISPA Celebrates 1000-Member MarkWashington, DC, July 13, 2020 – WISPA announced today that it has reached a new all-time record for member companies, reaching the 1,000-member mark for the first time in the organization’s 16-year history.
Almli Communications in L’Anse, Michigan, has the distinction of being WISPA’s 1000th member.
Keith Almli began Almli Communications in the winter of 2020. Like many WISPs, Almli started his WISP to provide rural customers with better options for fast Internet at a reasonable cost. What got Almli to join WISPA? “We’re new to the WISP industry, and we needed to get timely info on regulation, as well as connect with others who have lots of experience running a WISP.”
He came to the right place. WISPA ensures that small broadband providers are heard and taken account of on the national stage, and are educated on key legislative and regulatory issues that impact their businesses.
WISPA and the WISP community also provided the raw resources to grow and stay prosperous, such as:
- Holding virtual WISPAMERICA with 19 informative webinars during COVID-19 shut-in
- Supplying members-only COVID-19 response resources
- Publishing SmartBrief, highlighting useful industry news and trends
- Offering members-only discounts on CPI CBRS training
- Furnishing exclusive members-only research, webinars and industry resources
- Making available members-only employer and individual health insurance plans
- And providing a members-only buying club perks program
WISPA’s 1000 members are composed of fixed Wireless Internet Service Providers (WISPs) and the industry that supports fixed wireless broadband, including equipment suppliers, support services, and other components needed to run a successful business. Our members, and WISPs, in general, provide broadband access to over 6 million residential and business customers, often in exclusively rural areas.